Saturday, December 19, 2009

CZAR- S/T LP

Photobucket

"PSYCHEDELIC ROCK" 1970 ENGLAND

When I first heard the first track off this album, “Tread Softly on my Dreams,” my mind was officially blown in a way it had never been blown… ever! It was like someone let Brian Eno sing for The Beatles right after they had broken up… (but with none of the tension that their last album suffers from.)

In fact, being a UK band, I wouldn’t be surprised if Eno had gotten his hands on this LP and knew right then exactly what he would do later in his career. If he did manage to pick up a copy he’d be one of the very few who did. The one time I tried to by it, the auction ended at almost $400, if that gives you any indication as to how rare and amazing this album is.

The rest of the album is wonderfully swirling with layers of mellotron and other organs and keys (up to FIVE per song were played by the vocalist!) along with tastefully treated guitars and delicate song arrangements.

Truly a brilliant and classic album that will stand the test of time.
(The bonus tracks however, leave something to be desired...)

TRACK LISTING:
01. Tread softly on my dreams(6:37)
02. Cecelia (8:12)
03. Follow me (3:19)
04. Dawning of a new day (6:11)
05. Beyond the moon (3:44)
06. Today (3:23)
07. A day in September (7:56)

BONUS TRACKS:
08. Oh Lord I’m getting heavy
09. Why don’t we be a rock ‘n roll band

http://rapidshare.com/files/130234075/Czar_-_1970_-_Czar.rar

2 comments: